Friday 21 September 2007

JOKE OF THE WEEK

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go on a camping trip. After a good dinner and a bottle of wine, they retire for the night, and go to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes wakes up and nudges his faithful friend.

“Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see.”

“I see millions and millions of stars, Holmes” replies Watson.

“And what do you deduce from that?”

Watson ponders for a minute. “Well,

Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.

Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo.

Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three.

Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.

Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful, and that we are a small and insignificant part of the universe.

But what does it tell you, Holmes?”

Holmes is silent for a moment.

“Watson, you idiot!” he says. “Someone has stolen our tent!”

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a good joke, I only found it about one or two weeks ago.

It only has one downside: it's a bit difficult to steal a tent whilst it's occupied!


H.B.

Swales said...

omg hugo..
thats not the point..
dont worry nelson I thought it was great .
good job on that find

Anonymous said...

I knew it was not the point - I thought it was funny also.
But I think what the author of the joke was trying to put across was:

"When you hear hoof-beats think horses, not zebras."

In other words, look for the obvious first.


H.B.

Duncan said...

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Still a funny one after all these years. Better than the lemon entre joke.

john532 said...

I like that one Nelson haven't herd it before. Do we just leave our jokes on our own page?

ratonthebeam said...

LOL Nelson :)

Kevin384 said...

It's also a bit hard to conjure up a Genie in the company of an Englishman and a Welshman.

Awesome joke Nelson! Keep it up!

Graham838 said...

i just got round to reading it :) very funny.. :)

Anonymous said...

After the assassination of Tsar Alexander II of Russia, a government official in Ukraine menacingly addressed the local rabbi, "I suppose you know in full detail who was behind it."

"Ach," the rabbi replied, "I have no idea, but the government's conclusion will be the same as always: they will blame the Jews and the chimneysweeps."

"Why the chimneysweeps?" asked the befuddled official.

"Why the Jews?" responded the rabbi.


Hugo